Fancy giving Pottery
Painting a Go?
We now provide ‘takeaway’ pottery kits for you to paint at home. The perfect rainy-day activity or sit in the beautiful sunshine and enjoy creating your own unique Islay inspired design and painting it onto a piece of bisque. A fantastic keepsake of your island memories. We will then glaze and fire the pieces for you in one of our kilns at Persabus.
Each box contains your chosen bisque shape, paint brushes and 5 pots of paint.
Simply choose your shape(s) from the photos and your 5 paint colours. (Please note for group orders there is still a maximum of 5 paint colours in total for the group).
Once you have painted your pieces, make sure you have written your name or initials onto your piece, then place everything back in the box and return your box to the pottery.
We will then glaze and fire your pottery pieces, ready for collection, or, for a small charge, we can post them out to you.
Phone or email us with your order. Payment in full is taken by card at the time of ordering.
• Give your piece a wipe with a damp cloth or sponge. Allow to dry. (please note if you submerge your ceramic in water it can take in excess of 24 hours to dry)
• Put a small amount of paint onto your palette (plates are good for this, the paint is nontoxic and can be washed off the plate as normal)
• Apply paint to the ceramic! One coat will give you a thinner, translucent colour with visible brushstrokes. Two or three layers will give you a more intense, opaque colour.
• Remember if you put one colour on top of another they will merge when we fire them in the kiln. A mixture of green and red can come out as a sludgy brown! If you do layer colours make sure you do enough coats of the topcoat to allow it to stand out. The paints are underglazes, they deepen and brighten when they are fired.
• You don’t have to just use a brush to paint. Sponging gives a nice effect, the end of a brush makes a lovely dot.
• Leave your ceramic to dry.
• PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR CERAMIC IN PENCIL!
• When we receive your ceramic we’ll glaze and fire it in one of our kilns
• Your ceramic will be all lovely and shiny, and ready for collection
• We’d love to see you getting creative. Please tag us in your photos!
Halloween Painting Boxes
Skull Tealight Holder £12.00
Spooky Tree Trunk Tealight Holder £12.00
Friendly Ghost Tealight Holder £12.00
Spider Tealight Holder £8.50
Skull Money Bank £22.50
Party Animals £14.00 each
Money Banks £22.50 each
Mugs £15.00 each
Cereal Bowl £15.00 each
Salad Plate £16.00
Half Pint Jug £28.00
Dinner Plate £22.00