Pottery Painting Kits
Our ‘take away pottery’ painting kits are perfect for anyone who enjoys a bit of creativity.
Paint your own designs onto ceramics and we will glaze and fire them for you.
Handprint and footprint plates, mugs and bowls make lovely presents for grannies, grandads, aunts and uncles. Or buy a painting kit as a gift for a friend to enjoy.
Once painted, simply return your painted pieces in the original box, along with brushes and unused paints to the pottery. We will then glaze and fire the pieces for you in one of our kilns at Persabus.
Each box contains your chosen bisque shape, paint brushes, instructions and 5 pots of paint
Simply choose a piece(s) from the photos here or pop along to the pottery studio at Persabus where we have a much wider selection of shapes available to choose from.
Then select your 5 paint colours, again we have a much wider selection of colours available at the pottery if you would prefer to choose when you pop along. (Please note for group orders there is still you can choose up to 7 paint colours in total for the group).
You can collect your prepared box from the pottery or make up the box when when you call in, choosing your pieces from the full range on display. Instructions will be provided in the box, along with the pieces, paint colours of your choice and brushes. (See below for painting instructions).
Once you have painted your items, make sure you have written your name or initials onto your piece, then place everything back in the box and return your box to the pottery.
We will then glaze and fire your pottery pieces, ready for collection, or, for a small charge, we can post them out to you.
Phone or email us with your order. Payment in full is taken by card at the time of ordering.
• Give your piece a wipe with a damp cloth or sponge. Allow to dry. (please note if you submerge your ceramic in water it can take over 24 hours to dry)
• Put a small amount of paint onto your palette (plates are good for this, the paint is nontoxic and can be washed off the plate as normal)
• Apply paint to the ceramic! One coat will give you a thinner, translucent colour with visible brushstrokes. Two or three layers will give you a more intense, opaque colour.
• Remember if you put one colour on top of another they will merge when we fire them in the kiln. A mixture of green and red can come out as a sludgy brown if you apply thin layers! If you do layer colours make sure you do enough coats of the topcoat to allow it to stand out. The paints are underglazes, they deepen and brighten when they are fired. Start with lighter shades and work up to darker shades.
• You don’t have to just use a brush to paint. Sponging gives a nice effect, the end of a brush makes a lovely dot.
• Leave your ceramic to dry.
• PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR CERAMIC IN PENCIL!
• Bring your painted pieces back in the original box, along with paint brushes supplied, and pots of unused paints to the pottery at Persabus. When we receive your ceramic we’ll glaze and fire it in one of our kilns
• Your ceramic will be all lovely and shiny, and ready for collection in a few days
• We’d love to see you getting creative. Please tag us in your photos!
Takeaway Pottery Painting Boxes
Lucky Easter Rabbit £14
Nibbles the Easter Bunny £12.00
Egg Cup £9.50
Large Easter Egg £18.50
Dinner Plate £22.00
Cereal Bowl Small £15.00 Large £18.00
Mugs £15.00 each
Party Animals £14.00 each
Money Banks £22.50 each
Half Pint Jug £28.50